- Site of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games
- Inner west
- 50-minute ferry ride from Circular Quay
Why go there
Home of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games and 2003 Rugby World Cup, Sydney Olympic Park continues to serve as a major sporting and social venue. Apart from its ultra-modern sport venues, the Olympic Park is set in extensive parklands. Bicentennial Park, one of Sydney’s most popular recreational areas and picnic spots, is criss-crossed with walking and bicycle tracks.
Things to do
- Take the Games Trail tour, which celebrates the stories, legacies and highlights of the Games and includes the 17th floor Observation Deck. For groups only.
- Join a ‘Behind the Scenes’ Explore tour of ANZ Stadium and discover why it’s one of the most advanced sporting stadiums in the world.
- Go on a self-guided walking tour around Olympic Park which includes entry to the Sydney Olympic Aquatic Centre.
- Hire a bike at Bicentennial Park, next to Lilies on the Park Cafe, and explore over 35km of off road cycle paths around the Olympic venues, Bicentennial Park and along the Parramatta River.
- Medibank International Tennis Tournament in January.
- Movies in the Overflow throughout January.
- Sydney Royal Easter Show in March or April.
- Australian Swimming Championship in March.
- National Rugby League throughout the year.